There is nothing worse than walking into a home that stinks… especially when it’s yours! Over time, our homes can build up an odor. There are a number of contributing factors to the buildup of smells in our home including cooking odors, body odors, dirty, pet odors, and moisture levels in the air (which can lead to mold).
So how can you get rid of it? Depending on the underlying issue, there are a number of different solutions. However, one solution that will definitely remove the odor is Ozone Shock Treatment.
What Is Ozone Shock Treatment?
Ozone shock treatment involves the release of ozone into a space which kills fungi and microbes by oxidizing pollutants as it encounters them. It treats pollutants in the air and on surfaces including soft fabrics like couches and chairs. Unlike deodorizers, it does not leave a chemical residue on your furniture. The treated area will become odour free!
It’s chemical composition is O3, a highly charged form of O2 (Which we breath). It is when there is one loose atom of oxygen which is unstable and seeks out pollutants to attach to and oxidize. In nature, O3 works as a natural sanitizer and keeps the world smelling fresh and clean!
How long does it take?
Every home will take a different amount of time depending on the conditions over the years. Some homes have been lived in longer than others, some homes are smoked in, and some have had pets. These conditions will influence how long the machine has to run in order to completely remove the odours. For example, a home or room that was smoked in for one evening will only take 30 minutes or so. A home that was smoked in for 10+ years will take 24 hours or more.
Is Ozone Shock Treatment Safe?
Yes! The machines were designed to be run in unoccupied spaces, however, you cannot be in the home while the machine operated. Shortly after the cycle is complete, the O3 will turn back into O2 and the air will be completely safe again. Ozone is a powerful sanitizer but leaves no chemical residue which means it is a great option for people with allergies or sensitivity to typical scented household cleaners.
What Odours Will It Remove?
Ozone Shock Treatment will remove some of the toughest odours you can think of. This includes:
- Cigarette smoke: Ozone is extremely effective at removing smoke smells because the O3 attacks the odours at the source. Even if it is deeply woven into fabrics and walls, Ozone will remove it. This can be a great option for commercial locations that previously allowed smoking indoors or a building that has suffered from smoke damage due to a nearby fire.
- Pet odours/urine: Ozone treatment will remove any lingering odours in fabrics from pet urine or body odour. This can work great for commercial buildings that have lots of pets like a vet clinic or office spaces that allow pets. We do recommend getting the carpets cleaned to remove the urine source also as Ozone does not remove any stains or physical buildup.
- Strong cooking odours: If you frequently cook foods with pungent odours, your homes walls, furniture, and ducts will absorb those smells. This is a great way to start fresh and eliminate food odours built up over time.
- Mould/mildew odours: If a space suffers from water damage or excess moisture will inevitably have an odour problem. Ozone will eliminate the microorganisms that cause the build-up of mold and mildew. It also eliminates their ability to reproduce and grow.
- Sweaty sports equipment smells: Nothing is worse than stinky hockey gear or sports shoes. Ozone can kill the sweat odours at the source and eliminate the smell while reducing the chance or infection from dirty gear.
Where Can You Use Ozone Shock Treatment?
There are a number of applications for Ozone Shock Treatment including:
- Hotel Rooms
- Office Spaces
- RV & Mobile Homes
- Condo Buildings
No matter what the size of the space or the application, Ozone is a fantastic way to remove unwanted odours. Ozone-FX offers Ozone shock treatment as part of our air quality services. You can get an Ozone shock treatment and a duct cleaning at a discounted rate when paired together. Contact our team by phone or online to get a quote today!